Friday 3 January 2014

FLAT favourites

I love Mexican food.

So much so that it is my dream to one day eat Mexican food in Mexico!

This year I want to try and reduce the amount of food I waste (which isn't intentionally a lot but inevitably kind of ends up being that way if you get me!?) Half packs of tacos and the remnants of jars of salsa normally find themselves in the bottom of the bin.

So last night I threw this little baby together...

 












(Excuse the state of the kitchen. I flat. With boys. Need I say more?)

Lets call it...

TACO LASAGNE!

I cooked up some turkey mince and added a Mexican flavour sachet. Layered the mince with the salsa and broken tacos (twice) in a baking dish and topped with coriander and cheese! I baked it for around 20 mins at 180 degrees C and VOILĂ€! I ate mine with sour cream AND guacamole 

Did I just make up my own recipe or what!?

This is sure to become a firm flat fave and is a great way of using up the random bits and pieces lurking in the fridge so they don't end up in the bin!

 
And I even got to enjoy a beautiful sunset while I made it!

Happy Friday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment